The time is here. The Audi 2018 MLS Cup Playoffs begins on Wednesday with a pair of knockout round games, another pair on Thursday to complete the week. With a win, you face the best in the league; a loss, you head home wondering what could have been.
Wednesday, October 31st:
- New York City FC vs. Philadelphia Union – 7pmET – Yankee Stadium
- New York FC will hope to continue there quality season as they could not surpass the mountains of the East that are Atlanta and NY Red Bulls. Philadelphia landing in the worst position possible for them, dropping from 4th to 6th last week after D.C. United and Columbus both had statement wins.
- FC Dallas vs. Portland Timbers – 9:30pmET – Toyota Stadium
- Dallas and Portland land head-to-head with a quality matchup for both sides. Dallas aims to turn it around after their last 3 games ended in a loss. It is playoff time, so look to see them back on track.
Thursday, November 1st:
- D.C. United vs. Columbus Crew – 8pmET – Audi Field
- With possibly the most evenly matched game of the knockout round, these two clubs are red hot heading into the playoffs. United hasn’t lost a game at home since August, and they don’t plan to change that anytime soon. A new stadium, a new captain in Wayne Rooney; it is hard to envision this team slowing down at all.
- LAFC vs. Real Salt Lake – 10:30pmET – Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC heading into the playoffs being another expansion team that has found success quickly. After seeing Will Ferrell lead their supporter section last week, they are my favorite to pull out the win over Salt Lake.
Some hardware for our hashtags…
— Major League Soccer (@MLS) October 30, 2018
Regardless of the outcomes. This is the start of a special time for the MLS, these clubs, and the fans that keep everything going.